We are currently hiring on couriers to help us make our zero-waste deliveries! Peep the job description below, and email us at email@example.com with a brief intro and a resume if you're interested.
Zero-Waste Grocery Courier
If you’re looking to grow with a young startup battling global plastic waste, join Infinity Goods as a courier! We’re looking for an eco-champion to help us fight plastic pollution and make our zero-waste deliveries.
Infinity Goods is a zero-waste grocery delivery service that delivers groceries in reusable containers and sustainable packaging, taking plastic out of the grocery shopping equation. Basically, we’re like the classic milkman (or milkperson?), but on top of delivering milk, we also sell items like fresh produce, bread, tofu, and more – all in reusable containers. We then clean the containers and reuse them in future deliveries, completing our infinite delivery loop. Classic but cool, right? B-)
So, how does it work?
- The customer orders on our website, like any other online marketplace
- We source their items in reusable containers from retail centers and local producers who have agreed to reuse their packaging
- We deliver the items to the customer (that’s where you come in!)
- At delivery, we take back any containers they have finished with from previous deliveries
- We clean the containers and reintroduce them into the delivery cycle
About the job
As mentioned, we’re a small team. Like, there are two of us. We’re looking for a friendly person like you to pack orders deliver groceries to customers’ doors. You’d be an independent contractor, and this is how it would work:
- You would arrive at our fulfillment center at a pre-specified time. You will receive instructions on what to pack for each customer.
- After packing orders, you will embark on an optimized delivery route (in your personal vehicle) to deliver each order. Infinity Goods makes deliveries in the evenings between 6-9 PM, currently Tues thru Friday.
- At the same time of delivery, you’ll pick up any finished containers, bags, and related packaging from the customer. You’ll take a picture of the returns and send it to us.
- Once all deliveries are made and containers picked up (if applicable), you’ll return the containers and bags to the fulfillment center.
- Voila, you’re job is done!
- By 9 PM each night, we receive all orders to be delivered the next day day. Around 9:30 each night you will receive a text from us with instructions for the next day. That text will tell you what time you need to arrive at the fulfillment center, approximately how long your shift will be, and the estimated pay for the day based on that shift length. The text will also include a link to a Google Maps route with all the delivery stops for that day (you’ll use the link to navigate to each delivery stop).
You’re organized. You keep customers’ orders separate, fresh, and tidy for delivery.
You’re friendly. You are the face of Infinity Goods – so excellent customer service is essential. You’re a good planner and timely. You keep a tight schedule and communicate to customers or your comrades (i.e. us) if something is not going to plan.
You’re flexible. We won’t have deliveries every day starting off, even if our delivery count is growing every week. In any case, we will need you to be available in case there are any deliveries. So, this position won’t work for people looking to fulfill an explicit amount of hours but can instead flex this work around other work/hobbies easily.
You’re a safe driver. No Nascar driving or road rage allowed!
You’re eco-minded. While this isn’t necessary to complete the job, we hope you’re as passionate about protecting our planet and zero-waste lifestyles as we are!
- At least 18 years old
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Consistent access to a vehicle with enough cargo room for roughly 20 bags of groceries (cargo room can include with back seats down)
- Current U.S. driver's license
- Car insurance coverage
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without accommodation
- Access to a mobile phone
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Available to work 5:30 PM to a maximum of 9:30 PM
- Special consideration given to hybrid/electric vehicle owners
About the pay
Infinity Goods will pay for each completed packing and delivery shift based on the estimated time it takes to complete the shift (plus some breathing room for stops and miscellaneous events) at a rate of $15 an hour. Additionally as Infinity continues to grow, we may have opportunities for more tasks and more hours. Conversely, there may be some days when orders are reduced and we'd require less hours that day.
Email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’d be a good fit for the job!