Stovetop Mac & Cheese Recipe
Included in this kit: 4 cups of Shell Pasta, one 4oz jar of All Purpose Flour, Half Gallon of Whole Milk, 1 Vegan Butter, 1/2 pound of Irish Cheddar, 1/4 Gruyere. Feel free to spice it up with...spices like garlic powder or paprika, available here
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 0.5 pound Shell Pasta
- 0.5 lbs or 2 cups shredded Irish Cheddar
- 0.25 lbs or 1 cup shredded Gruyere
- Optional spices, up to a half teaspoon
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add flour, and stir until combined. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Then pour in 1 cup of the water, and stir (or whisk) until the mixture is completely smooth and begins to thicken. Gradually pour in the remaining water and milk, stirring until evenly combined.
- Stir in the pasta and any additional spices until combined. Then continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mixture just reaches a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low to maintain the low simmer. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 9-10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente. (Be careful not to overcook the pasta!)
- Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese. Add the cheese gradually, to ensure it all melts. Taste, and season with additional salt or black pepper as needed.
- Eat it NOW (but don't burn your mouth 😉)